Jesse Parent [INFLUENCE] welcomes submissions in a variety of formats: global news reporting, an educational piece designed to address Issues of the 21st Century, or other opinion pieces.
Before submitting an idea or piece of writing, consider the following guidelines first.
- Read our stuff first. Take a good look at the blogs and articles we publish; they can serve as templates for what we accept and what we don’t.
- Send an abstract and a working title. A short paragraph that describes your thesis and conclusions will help us find a spot for your piece. A working title would be just as helpful, but avoid the obvious: "US Politics", "Sustainability", and such. The more professional and concise you are, the more likely you'll be published.
Consider topics fitting to the Jesse Parent [INFLUENCE]. In general, submissions can cover any topic of the author’s choice that is in line with the publication’s mandate and general themes of global news, sustainability, technology, lifestyle, and other featured content categories. Consider that the audience of the publication is global; therefore issues should be relevant to our audience.
- Avoid wonky language and insider jargon. Choose an engaging and accessible style, and take into consideration that your audience is the world.
- Tell us who you are. Give us a short bio that tells us who you are, about your interests, and aspirations. If possible, include a resume or prior clips.
- Submit your article with your information in a word document (devoid of complicated graphics or fonts). Any accompanying graphics, photos, graphs, or tables should be submitted on a separate document.
Below are the types of submissions we accept:
- Blogs: 350-500 words
- Web Features: 600-850 words
- Print Features: 1,000-1,500 words
Email your piece to Submissions @jpinfluence.com with a concise title stating your purpose.